Clan War thought/idea

[I3acI]_Army1_

Grupo: Promotor de Voobly
Ingreso: 2 de julio de 2007
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 15:37
Having been watching the War is coming tourney between rm and dm power houses i thought it might be fun at least from a spectator point of view to have a war done between aoc cs power house clans along a similar process. Now i know clan wars in aoc cs have generally always been done in a 4v4 only set up and while 4v4 is of course the most important way to judge a clan i genuinely think we are missing out on some potentially good games. So what im proposing is those clans that like doing wars using 1v1s and 2v2s as well as the usual 4v4s. How it would work is say 2v2s would be on a bo3 format and essentially counting as 1 point and maybe doing bo5 1v1s to count as 1 point too (4v4s would naturally be 1 point per game).

I think doing a war like this will open the door to potentially more wars which i know some of you want but i also think it opens the door to more maps being used and other players playing in a clan war which of course i think is a good thing also. I do realise it might mean a war is done over more than one day but surely those playing now days having played so long can be mature enough to have one over more than a day.

I dont want this turning into some kind of flame thread but i would be interested to hear some mature feed back from the likes of lc, eot, vicious, 7th, xcel etc.. potentially doing a war along those lines or even their thoughts on it or even expanding on it
Enlace | Responder | Citar
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Grupo: Membresía Estándar
Ingreso: 17 de mayo de 2012
Editado 3 de marzo de 2015 - 16:12 por ['RB']ZottenDree
i rather watch your poop dry than watch cs games
 CharliesPotato

Ingreso: 20 de enero de 2010
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 16:14
Actually I'm all for it..

What would be awesome too is to have a tourny buy in fee, say, 5$ each. That way we can have a prize pool just like in poker :)

It's incentive no?
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Grupo: Membresía Platinum
Ingreso: 31 de diciembre de 2009
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 16:30
you're gonna get bias point of views from people who prefer 1v1 or TGs... I dont feel 1v1/2v2.. even 3v3s really belong in wars.. and that has nothing to do with thinking we are weaker in it or something.. Eot has won quite a few 2v2/3v3 tournaments and well we just have a few 1v1 wins.. mostly with Charlie.

7th on the other hand will probably be all for this kind of idea and want 1v1/2v2s. (I'm sure efkan or damian can post this.. dont want to speak for them)

But as for clans atm. I can give my opinion on each

Eot - active/playing/competitive
7th - active/playing/competitive
ViCiouS - active/playing/competitive
XceL - doesnt have the roster depth it used to have.. still has some great players in cena/krasic but needs some more players
LC/TAOE - LC just rebuilt and not all that strong in tgs.. TAOE has some good teamwork in 2v2s but I think isnt all that good in 4v4s yet.

Thats basically how the bloods community is looking atm.. and im not even sure if vicious is all that interested in doing a war after the Eot one.. they may just go back to being a retirement home
 Icey

Grupo: Membresía Gold
Ingreso: 24 de junio de 2007
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 16:39
If your going to have a clan war you need interesting maps, bloods are boring to watch
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 16:41
Icey wrote:
If your going to have a clan war you need interesting maps, bloods are boring to watch
yet the Eot vs XceL war had 200+ viewers while there was a RM stream going on at the same exact time.. so obviously they arent as boring as you think... 200+ while there was so much delay between games which probably killed it for a lot of the viewers.

23RaidingParty

Ingreso: 27 de mayo de 2008
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 17:22
its a great idea and its so easy to do clan wars in CS but most people there are dramatic queens who spend 99% of their time talking, planning, initiating things and 1% actually playing

to me people of CS are to AoE II like Vogons are to hitchhiker's guide to galaxy
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Ingreso: 17 de febrero de 2012
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 18:11
I don't really think 1v1's have a place in clan wars at all, clan wars are about a team coming together and team dynamics.

I would welcome adding a couple of 2v2's though, not too many, but maybe having a couple of 2v2s will open some more maps up in clan wars.
 [_A]Faravahar

Ingreso: 19 de agosto de 2014
Editado 3 de marzo de 2015 - 18:55 por [_A]Faravahar
2v2's and 1v1's were always part of clan wars on Zone, it's silly that certain players have enforced their idea that clan wars should be only 4v4 games keeping a lot of great maps out of wars e.g. Dome and SS. Tell me any AoC war on Zone that didn't include those maps?

My thoughts on anything on competitive in CS is 2 thumbs up ;thumbup , I just think there's zero chance of this happening, 7th and Eot are the only clans who could put reliable teams together.
 Icey

Grupo: Membresía Gold
Ingreso: 24 de junio de 2007
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 19:09
I agree ith rix, 1v1 not a clan war
 MotherTed_

Ingreso: 27 de enero de 2015
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 19:30
Clan wars should be composed of a combination of matches, 1v1s, 2v2s, 3v3 & 4v4s...

Each have different dynamics & this would fully incorporate everything. 2v2/3v3s are still TG's and still clan vs clan, on the 1v1 front yes ok it's player vs player, however this would still be a player representing a clan vs a player representing the opposing clan ..

^ Not to mention 1v1 is obviously outweighed by TG 3:1 (ie. 4v4, 3v3, 2v2 : 1v1)

Finally hence I feel this would give a better overall representation of the best overall clan, this is of course assuming a variety of maps/civs/colours etc are played & fairly
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Ingreso: 17 de febrero de 2012
Editado 3 de marzo de 2015 - 19:35 por [Eot_]Marvel__
2v2's and 1v1's were always part of clan wars on Zone, it's silly that certain players have enforced their idea that clan wars should be only 4v4 games keeping a lot of great maps out of wars e.g. Dome and SS. Tell me any AoC war on Zone that didn't include those maps?

My thoughts on anything on competitive in CS is 2 thumbs up ;thumbup , I just think there's zero chance of this happening, 7th and Eot are the only clans who could put reliable teams together.
I don't have a problem with some 2v2s (although i think more of the games should be 3v3/4v4 to show true teamwork which should be what clan wars are about), but when has a clan war in CS ever been about or had 1v1s? I can't remember a single clan war in aok, and of the clan wars i've seen in aoc none have had 1v1s.

I agree about 2v2s though to allow great maps like dome, and SS to be played. SS was a staple of clan wars in aok and is a really great map 2v2, and i think other maps like kahns work better 2v2 than 4v4.
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 19:33
^ thats zanchy a clear mainly 1v1 player... so everyones opinion will be bias as I said.
 [I3acI]_Army1_

Grupo: Promotor de Voobly
Ingreso: 2 de julio de 2007
Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 19:41
I cant speak for aoc cs wars on zone but ive seen plenty of wars where 1v1s counted in cs (im struggling to think of a single war on zone when they didnt tbh). They count in rm/dm nowdays too and always did. But as i was saying its clearly not the most important factor to determine a clan, but it can still be used as a way to determine a clans ability. Thats why i was suggesting using it like they do in war is coming tourney where you have to win a set of 2v2s/1v1s for it to count as a point. I do agree with rix though on the point of not too many, thats why i would maybe only have one round of 1v1s and one round of 2v2s. I would maybe suggest in the 1v1s that different players have to be used for each game like is done in wic

[Eot_]Polaris_

Escrito 3 de marzo de 2015 - 19:41

I will assume you're talking about AoK... and maybe army can confirm or deny what you're saying.. but in AoC wars there has never once been a war where 1v1 was in.. as for the 2v2 thing... there was an old war between mVz and xl where both wanted dome in because they had a long time rivalry in the map and thought their teams were much better.. so they agreed having dome in that war.. and my honest opinion of LC in the past... they only were wanting SS 4p version because they had the best SS players at the time and it was just a really easy guaranteed win at the time. Point is wars in the past have mostly been with 8p maps or people wanting 4p maps for fixed wins.

[1]23456789
Mostrando 1 - 15 de 126 mensajes
Saltar a Foro:
1 Usuario(s) están leyendo este tema (en los últimos 30 minutos)
0 miembros, 1 invitados

Most active threads in past week: